Wednesday 6 August 2008

Champagne Celebrations

At long last, I finally made it. And it wasn't without it's fair share of up's and down's. Seriously today just sums up my last couple of months, but more about that later.

At the start of the year, I vowed to myself that this is the make or break year for me with poker. I desperately wanted to achieve Supernova, just for the shear hell of it. I reached it way in advance of when I expected to, so now it's time for some new poker goals.

Today's Session

I needed just under 2k VPP's today, and as you may know by now I have been 16-20 tabling mainly 200nl FR with some 100nl as well. This month had started off well, but then got swingy. Today I got off to a flyer when at one stage I was up just on $700 over 2.5k hands. To reach the 2k VPP's I needed for the day, I would have to play around 4k hands. Things started going against me but I was still up around $400. Then the Supernova doomswitch was activated and in just over 700 hands I went from +$400 to almost -$400. Thankfully I checked my cashier box and saw this message:





Sweet!

New Goals!

Well now I earn FPP's at the rate of 3.5fpp/vpp but my next major goal, is to go for the 200k VPP milestone bonus. If I achieve this then I should earn approx $6.5k in FPP bonuses.

Play more 6max

Move up to 200nl permanently. Who knows maybe 400nl by the end of the year, lol.


Thanks for the support guys, and a big thank you to Cardschat and it's loyal members. Now I'm off to Concierge some of my 190k FPP's :). GL all.

4 comments:

ChuckTs said...

So awesome, congrats Jay :)

Jay said...

Cheers Chuck, much appreciated.

Icemonkey9 said...

Man, very very impressive dude. Let me know if you ever want to take on a protege!

Jurn8 said...

congrats mate thats awesome !!