Sunday 3 August 2008

$1k Milestone Day

Well as I only need a handful of VPP's to make Supernova, I sort of decided to try to get them as quickly as possible. The reason being, I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks, and I want to Concierge some of the stuff for my hols.

I decided the best way to do this would be at 200nl FR. So I loaded up around 12 tables of 200nl and about 6 of 100nl. As you can guess I ran like god at 200nl, but still running shite at 100nl, which is kind of baffling to me.

I'll show some hands form the session in a mo, but going back to may last point. It seems strange to me that I can do well at one level, but not at another. Don't get me wrong, I've only played a couple of thousand hands at 200nl, but when I was at 50nl 6max, I struggled like crap over 100k hands. I went to 50nl FR and did well, soon progressing to 100nl FR. Then at 100nl FR, again I struggled for around 100k hands, so moved to 100nl 6max and again did quite well. It's frustrating the shit out me tbh, but meh!

Anyway here's my graph for yesterday:





Session Review

A decent hand at 100nl for a change. 3 way pot here makes this a little interesting. I'm still not sure about the flop, I'm torn between shoving/calling here, but he's giving me decent odds here I think.




Another 100nl hand against the same villain as above. Can't remember the last time I had a set paid off at 100nl.






OK 1st significant hand at 200nl. Villain is 96/46/2 over 50 hands or so, he was floating shit loads of pots so it was time to make a stand here with my 99 and bluff catch the river imo!





With this hand I flop a monster, now I play this one of two ways usually when I see a possible fl dr on the board. I sometimes re-reaise here to try and make them pay for there draw, occasionally though I'll see a turn, and get aggro on a non fl dr card, as this cuts there odds dramatically if they call my bets or they get aggro themselves. It worked well for me on this hand.





Against same villain on this hand but a different table. On the river I'm trying to get him to believe I'm on a busted fl dr here. I figure he's potted the river with a strong hand, he banks for ages, Damn!




So I only need like 4k VPP's now, I should definitely have this in the bag by Tuesday at the latest. GL all!

No comments: