Monday 22 September 2008

Sick of 6max

Yeah I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sick of 6max at the moment. I really don't think I tilt that much, and after the last few months of mega swings I think I coped quite well. But in 6max I'm having like 8 buy in fluctuations on a daily basis, and I'm starting to tilt a little.

This morning just summed it up, I get 4 buy ins up playing 5 x 100nl and 1 x 200nl tables. Then a mega lag raises it up on the 200nl table, I 3bet him he calls. I have TT on a blank flop he bets out I r/r, he calls w/QQ. Yeah I run shit at 200nl thats for sure.

Anyways this mornings session I donk off $400ish after being +$450 up at one stage. So mentally I'm finding it difficult to cope with the swings, and I'm not playing at my best tbh. I'm also becoming a bit of a calling station, which is also pissing me off. I'm not sure why it's so swingy, whether it's my style of play, my aggression or what, but it's pissing me off big time. Here's the graph showing the swongs since my last update:





Believe it or not, I'm actually running at 5PTBB/100 at 100nl this month. The attempt at 200nl has soured that though. I moved down to 100nl basically b/c I had to withdraw $1k from my roll, and I lost 6 buy ins, which isn't a lot, but I work to like a 50 buy in rule so while my confidence is a little low I dropped down. GL all.

3 comments:

ChuckTs said...

holy moses those are some swings.

I really believe the whole 'lag = swings' thing is a misnomer. Picking up all those tiny pots does the exact opposite and I honestly think there's definitely something going on with your game if your swings are that big.

Jay said...

Well, there's probably a lot wrong with my game I'm sure. You see, up until last week, when I was playing like 24/20/3, everything was working out fine, stealing, iso's, sqz's, cb's. Now everything is getting called, or raised, to an extent that I don't believe them. I then look them up and low and behold they have it. Or they hit it on the river. I don't know I'm in a bit of a quandary atm.

bw07507 said...

ouch Jay, that graph is pretty much the reason I quit playing 6max, although I might make a return in the next couple months depending if 200NL FR is fishy enough to beat for a decent winrate. I did see you post a few hands where u won a lot a few minutes ago, so hopefully things have turned around.