Sunday 1 February 2009

January's Monthly Review

Sorry for the lack of updates this month.... It's been tough!

Since the last update I've now placed 1/2 my roll at Paddy Power poker (Ipoker network) and managed to get an ok deal there. Basically I get a $600 deposit bonus (and boy do I need that atm!) and I get promoted to the top of their VIP status, which apparently brings me something in the region of 33% rakeback equivalent at 6max. Obviously I have yet to confirm this, but if it's someway below that figure, then I'm dumping Ipoker pretty quick as the software can only be desribed as SHITE!

My first weeks play there has pretty much gone the same was as most of my January.... constantly getting my money in behind to the likes of JJ v qq, qq v kk bollocks a host of flipping with AK.



The sense of delight I felt after getting unstuck at 30k hands was truly inspirational almost. Then to go on another soul destroying d/swong, 2 in the space of 40k hands, well you can't even imagine the absolute dejection I feel atm.

What Now?

Well the beauty of being a bankroll nit is that I have been able to plan for days like this. I still have like 50 buy ins at 100nl, so there's still something to play for. But, I seriously CANNOT have any more months like this..... So I have to change something.

I had already taken measure before I spoke to Vanq earlier this week, but something he said actually hit home for a change. I know it's also been said my numerous other ppl on CC as well.

PLAY LESS TABLES!

I made moves into actually getting some coaching as well, and I spoke to my coach earlier this week and he basically told me he want me to play 2 tables of 6 max from now on.... and no more than 4. Basically Vanq said as much as well. So I tried it yesterday and I'm going to play 4 tables max for the whole of February.

So I'm looking forward to Tuesday as this will be my 1st session of 5 I have booked with him. He's a Deuces Cracked coach and has some really great reviews by his students and peers, and after speaking to him last week he seems a great guy. He plays 1 & 2knl and he has a degree in Mathematics so I'm sure he can teach me a thing or 2. If after this series of coaching sessions I cant improve at 6max, then it's time to re-evaluate my poker goals. So February is really gonna be an important month for me pokerwise.

Any Positives?

Well yes there are.

I can't remember how but a couple of 10nl guys on CC actually approached me for some coaching/sweat sessions. 'LOL' I hear you say :). Well believe it or not they went surprisingly well. I've had around a 8 sessions with Jurn8 and just the one with The Shrog. Jake's game has come on leaps and bounds since we 1st started and his results have been extremely consistant. He's already upto 25nl and seems to be running well there so I hope he'll be upto 50nl by the end of the month.

Brad's only session with me, proved he already has the foundations to become a really good cash game player, and I hope he wants to some more sweats in the future. Jake has mentioned that he believes I could do some coaching (micro stakes), and tbh I feel I can look at other's game's better than I can analyse my own, but I don't want to go down that road until I sort myself out, so maybe in the future. For now I'm more than happy just helping out the 5-10nl guys out should they seek my advice (when I have the time). Oh and Custo if your reading this..... I haven't forgotten you m8!

Oh and BTW, thanks for everyone who posts in the comments giving me support.... It really does help and means a lot. GL all!

2 comments:

Custo said...

Course I'm reading this mate, I always do :) Good luck for Feb and I would love a sweat session on my current 5NL ventures. PM @ CC so we can arrange something in the next week or so.

Mean time geezer hope everything runs well for you in life and the pokeries.

Jurn8 said...

Yo Dude, Thanks for everything in January and Yes I would advise every single 10NL player to get a sweat with Jay even if its only 1. He is an awesome coach and knows a hell of alot of stuff about the game. I hope to work with you in Feb mate, but 50NL steady on lol !!
We shall see, maybe.

I hope you run gooooooooooot in feb and this coach sorts you out like you have done to myself.

GL Mate.